Wednesday, April 1, 2020

#54

to love more fiercely,
profoundly,
and unconditionally,
and to expect that love from those around me.

to hold myself to a higher level of accountability,
exceed my perceived limits,
and intensify the transformation which launched my birth.

to hold the past, my ancestors, and stories of my cultures,
and reimagine and heal them as i step into the future.

to forgive and heal myself for all the harm i have done,
consciously and unconsciously,
deliberately and accidentally,
and open myself to divine grace,
so that i commit no further harm.
but when i do,
to catch myself, and make repair.

to embrace the age i am,
and the age i am living in.
to remember that i am choosing to be here now,
and chosen as part of the transition.

to shed the trappings of ego: shame, fear, pride,
grudges that hold me back,
and everything else i no longer have time for.

to tolerate no bullshit,
to demand equity,
to embody nothing less.

to rinse myself of all the old stories
that no longer serve me.

to glow more unapologetically,
and invite your divine light to shine brighter.

written on my 54th birthday, 31 october 2017

No comments: